A Team Approach to Therapy
On behalf of our entire staff, welcome to the Cornell Institute for Rehabilitation Medicine at Bethesda Hospital East. Our team of physicians, nurses, physical, occupational and speech therapists, and other healthcare professionals are dedicated to helping each patient achieve their optimum level of wellness, independence and quality of life. Family members are also a vital part of the rehabilitation process. Our team meets each week to discuss the patient’s treatment goals and review their progress.
The Cornell Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine has been awarded a three year accreditation from The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), an international surveying body. Cornell is 1 of just 37 programs in Florida achieving this prestigious accreditation in recognition of their quality outcomes, core values and codes of ethics. Read more.
The Cornell Institute for Rehabilitation is a hospital-based, comprehensive program that offers:
- Acute inpatient rehabilitation services
- A full complement of nursing, speech, respiratory, physical, occupational and supportive therapy programs provided by licensed nurses, therapists and social workers
- A dedicated program for the care of the adult patient who is facing an acute or chronic illness, an intermediate injury or disability
- A registered dietitian who provides nutritional information and recommendations regarding specific dietary needs
- A licensed psychologist who provides specialized testing, as well as individual and family psychotherapy
- Specialized neurologic and orthopaedic rehabilitation
Features and Amenities
- 36 private rooms and one ocean-view, semi-private room
- A spacious activity room with large-screen TV and comfortable sitting areas
- Family-oriented activities designed to involve family members in their loved ones’ recovery
- Simulated transportation vehicle to promote independence
- Specially designed, adaptive aids to promote dexterity and full range of motion
- A state-of-the-art “transitional apartment,” which helps patients regain their independent, daily living skills by providing a simulated home environment, including a kitchen, a laundry area and a living room.
The Cornell Institute for Rehabilitation Medicine accepts traditional insurance, Medicare, Medicaid and more than 100 managed care plans.
For more information about Bethesda’s Cornell Institute for Rehabilitation Medicine, please call 561-737-7733, ext. 83970.