A Team Approach to Therapy
On behalf of our entire staff, welcome to the Cornell Institute for Rehabilitation Medicine at Bethesda Hospital East. Our team of physicians, nurses, therapists, and case managers work to provide high quality, evidence-based patient care to empower our patients to achieve their highest level of independence to return to their community. Plans of care are individualized and family members are a vital part of the rehabilitation process. Our team meets each week to discuss the patient’s treatment goals, barriers, and review their progress to get them home as quickly and safely as possible.
The Cornell Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine has been awarded a three year accreditation from The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), an international surveying body and gold standard for inpatient rehabilitation. Cornell is 1 of just 37 programs in Florida achieving this prestigious accreditation in recognition of their quality outcomes, core values and codes of ethics. Read more.
The Cornell Institute for Rehabilitation is a hospital-based, comprehensive program that offers:
- Acute inpatient rehabilitation services with individualized plans of care provided by physicians, nursing, and licensed physicial, occupational, and speech therapists.
- 24/7 nursing care by registered nurses
- Case manager to assist in a successful discharge
- Board certificate physicians specialized in rehabilitation medicine
- A registered dietitian who provides nutritional information and recommendations regarding specific dietary needs
- A licensed psychologist who provides specialized testing, as well as individual and family psychotherapy
- Staff with specialized neurologic and orthopaedic rehabilitation training
- Onsite access to specialized consults, imaging, and testing as needed in Bethesda East medical center eliminating the need to be transferred or transported to another facility
Features and Amenities
- 35 private rooms equipped with private bathrooms (the only unit in South Palm Beach county)
- A spacious activity room with large-screen TV and comfortable sitting areas
- Simulated transportation vehicle to promote independence
- Specially designed, adaptive aids to promote dexterity and full range of motion
- Neuromuscular electrical stimulation (NMES) for weakened arms and legs and to target swallowing disorders
- A state-of-the-art “transitional apartment,” and laundry facilities which help patients regain their independent, daily living skills by providing a simulated home environment, including a kitchen, living room with carpeting, and bathroom with tub shower.
- 24-hour availability of emergency medical care as part of Bethesda Hospital East Medical Center
- Onsite daily visits from our rehabilitation doctors
The Cornell Institute for Rehabilitation Medicine accepts traditional insurance, Medicare, Medicaid and more than 100 managed care plans.
For more information about Bethesda’s Cornell Institute for Rehabilitation Medicine, please call 561-737-7733, ext. 83970.