Hand therapy is available at Bethesda Outpatient Rehabilitation with a Certified Hand Therapist (CHT) who has completed the Hand Therapy Certification Commission examination.
Patients are commonly referred for problems that include:
- Hand and wrist fractures
- Tendon and nerve injuries
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Post surgical care
- Wound care
- Ligament injuries and sprains
Treatment sessions are designed to help you:
- Achieve strength, range of motion and coordination of the hand through various therapeutic exercises.
- Reach maximum independence in activities of daily living through functional hand activities, i.e. writing, dressing, eating.
- Increase functional use of your hand and improve appearance through scar and edema management.
- Protect the joints and surgical procedures through custom hand splinting.
- Decrease pain and promote healing through special modalities prescribed by your physician, i.e. ultrasound, iontophoresis, fluidotherapy.
To schedule an appointment, call Central Scheduling at 561-374-5700.
For more information about Hand Therapy, call 561-736-5446.
Hand Therapy is available at Bethesda Health City, DeVos-Blum Family YMCA of Boynton Beach and the Blum Family YMCA of Boca Raton.