The Center for Pediatric Development offers a comprehensive, interdisciplinary evaluation and treatment of children from birth to 18 years of age with a variety of feeding disorders such as:
- Oral Motor Deficits/Disorders
- Cerebral Palsy
- Down Syndrome
- Sensory Aversion
- Cleft Lip/Palate
- Pharyngeal Dysphagia
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Failure to Thrive
- Behavioral Feeding Disorders
- Food Refusal/Selectivity
- Self Feeding Difficulties
- Feeding Tube Dependency
Our feeding team focuses on:
- Decreasing oral defensiveness
- Laryngeal and pharyngeal strengthening (Vital Stim)
- Compensatory strategies to increase oral intake
- Selecting appropriate bottles, nipples and feeding utensils
- Modifying diet to ensure safety
- Increasing amount and variety of foods accepted
Our primary goal is for each child to consume an adequate quantity of food varying in textures to sustain growth and development.
To schedule an appointment, call Central Scheduling at 561-374-5700.
For more information, call 561-374-5712.