Hand therapy is available at Bethesda Outpatient Rehabilitation with a Certified Hand Therapist (CHT) who has completed the Hand Therapy Certification Commission examination.
Patients are commonly referred for problems that include:
- Hand and wrist fractures
- Tendon and nerve injuries
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Post surgical care
- Wound care
- Ligament injuries and sprains
Treatment sessions are designed to help you:
- Achieve strength, range of motion and coordination of the hand through various therapeutic exercises.
- Reach maximum independence in activities of daily living through functional hand activities, i.e. writing, dressing, eating.
- Increase functional use of your hand and improve appearance through scar and edema management.
- Protect the joints and surgical procedures through custom hand splinting.
- Decrease pain and promote healing through special modalities prescribed by your physician, i.e. ultrasound, iontophoresis, fluidotherapy.
To schedule an appointment, call Central Scheduling at 561.374.5700.
For more information about Hand Therapy, call 561.736.5446.
Hand Therapy is available at Bethesda Health City, DeVos-Blum Family YMCA of Boynton Beach and the Blum Family YMCA of Boca Raton.